This page is the conference page for the 2020 Northeast Popular Culture Association (NEPCA) Conference. It will be updated periodically and should be the go-to place for information. We also encourage you to sign up for the NEPCA blog to keep up-to-date with our conference and other information and opportunities (sign up via email, RSS, or other preferred formats on the right-hand column).
The 2020 Northeast Popular Culture Association (NEPCA) will host its annual conference this fall on Friday, October 23-Saturday, October 24 at the Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, New Hampshire. We are looking forward to another engaging and rewarding conference for new and seasoned members alike. We are seeking proposals for panels and presentations for this year’s conference.
NEPCA prides itself on holding conferences that emphasize sharing ideas in a non-competitive and supportive environment. We welcome proposals from graduate students, junior faculty, and senior scholars. NEPCA conferences offer intimate and nurturing sessions in which new ideas and works-in-progress can be aired, as well as completed projects.
- The Call-For-Papers Submission Form is open from now until June 1st.
- Conference registration will open in June, 2020 with early-bird pricing.
- Early to mid-July, we will announce accepted papers.
- A draft version of the schedule will likely be available by mid-to-late July, 2020.
- For accepted proposals, the last day to register for the conference will be by Monday, September 21st.
- Monday, September 21st will also be the last day of early-bird registration.
Book your room!
- La Quinta Inn-Wyndham Downtown Manchester
21 Front St, Manchester, NH 03102
$129 per night (Total cost per night should be about $140.61)
(603) 669-5400 (If calling, ask for the “NEPCA group” rate.)
Includes free parking
Follow this link to make reservations online with this rate.
We will also have (and request) additional recommendations for places to stay, eat and enjoy while in the Manchester area.
The 2020 conference is about 1 hour from Boston, just under 2 hours from Providence, RI or around 2.5 hours from Burlington, VT, Hartford, Connecticut or Augusta, ME, about 3.5 hours from Albany, NY, 4.5 hours from New York City or Montreal, QC.
For more information or questions, contact
Executive Secretary, NEPCA