The Sixties Area of the Popular Culture Association welcomes submissions on any aspect of popular culture from this era. Topics of interest might include, but are not limited to:
- Film, television, and radio of the era
- Analysis of influential books/authors or arts/artists
- Religion and spirituality
- Sex, drugs, and rock ‘n roll
- Music and fashion as cultural expression and consumer culture
- Communal living
- 1969, or other significant dates, places, or events, e.g. Days of Rage, etc.
- Countercultural movements—Hippies, SDS, Black Panther Party, the White Panther Party, etc.
- Politics and protests of the era e.g. Civil Rights, Vietnam
- Race and gender issues e.g. the 1968 Olympic Project for Human Rights, NOW
- Media reaction and representation
Deadline for submission of a 100-250-word abstract is October 1, 2015.
Inquiries about possible papers or proposals for round table sessions or full panels are also welcomed and encouraged.
If your paper is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter, and information on registration, PCA/ACA membership, hotel accommodations, etc.
Electronic submissions can be made at http://ncp.pcaaca.org
Deborah Carmichael, Area Chair
Michigan State University