The Literature and Popular Culture area for the 2022 Northeast Popular & American Culture Association conference is accepting paper and panel proposals from faculty and graduate students. NEPCA’s 2022 virtual annual conference will be held online from Thursday, October 20-Saturday, October 22, 2022. Abstracts are due by August 1, 2022 and can be submitted here.
The NEPCA Literature and Popular Culture area welcomes papers that analyze and evaluate the connections between popular culture and literature, understood broadly. How does popular culture inform and/or react to literature, and what are the implications for that relationship?
Presentations can discuss many different theoretical and disciplinary perspectives. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Analyses of individual/multiple works that engage with popular culture
- Intersections of popular culture and Literature
- Retelling of works of literature in popular culture media
- Publication, reception and audience of Literature and popular culture
- Popular culture trends in Literature
- Literary genres and how they are explored in popular culture
- Any other topics that bring together these two areas
Please submit paper proposals of 250 words via the proposal form available on the NEPCA website to the Literature and Popular Culture area chair Susan Gorman (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 1, 2022. Please ensure that your proposal is jargon-free and understandable to a broad audience.
For more information, please visit the NEPCA website.
Susan Gorman, Area Chair
Literature and Popular Culture