The Northeast Popular Culture Association (NEPCA) will hold its 2019 conference at the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on November 15-16.
The travel studies area of NEPCA invites paper proposals on the subject of travel, broadly conceived. Paper proposals may include (but are not limited to) analysis and critical perspectives on such travel-related topics as:
- Depictions of travel in art, film, literature, and television
- Historic sites, museums, and monuments
- History of travel and tourism
- Marketing of travel and tourism
- Material culture and travel (i.e. souvenir collecting)
- Moral perspectives on travel and tourism
- Specialty travel (i.e. business, educational, religious)
- Transportation, including travel infrastructure (highways, airports) and vehicles (automobiles, cruise ships)
- Travel accommodations
- Travel and tour companies
- Travel media (i.e. television programs, websites)
- Travel writing (i.e. narratives, guidebooks, blogs)
Proposals for individual papers as well as complete panels are welcome. Please submit your paper through the NEPCA online submission form located on the conference website: https://nepca.blog/conference
For more information, visit the NEPCA website at https://nepca.blog or contact the NEPCA area chair for travel studies, Professor Mark D. Van Ells, at email@example.com.
DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2019.