Call for Papers for Film and History area for the NEPCA’s 2018 Fall Conference to be held at Worcester State University in Worcester, MA October 19-20, 2018. Northeast Regional Popular / American Cultural Association (NEPCA) annual conference.
Dr. Carol Mitchell; Area Chair of Film and History
Call for Papers: Film and History. The annual fall conference of NEPCA will be held at Worcester State University in Worcester, MA on October 19-20, 2018. Deadline for proposals is June 1, 2018. Visit the NEPCA website at: https://nepca.wordpress.com/2018-conference for full information on proposal submission and registration.
Film and History welcomes presentations on a wide range of film topics contributing to popular culture.
Suggestions for topics include:
- Films portraying historical events with great accuracy or which provide fresh or controversial perspectives (e.g., Spotlight; F.K.)
- Films exploring the nature of complex characters or incorporating social, political, and cultural themes (e.g., heroism, friendship, injustice, racism, betrayal, ambition)
- Film adaptations of other media, (i.e., novels, short stories, theatre) or from real life
- Film genres, such as comedy, crime film, the Western, war film, or science fiction
- Filmmaking and film directors (e.g., Scorsese’s portrayal of women)
- History of the cinema and economic and cultural impacts of film on society
- Academy Awards’ nominations, policies, and practices
Please submit your paper proposals by following the 2018 Paper Proposals link at: https://nepca.blog/2018-conference by June 1, 2018.
NEPCA presentations are generally 15-20 minutes in length and may be delivered either formally or informally. As Area Chair of Film and History, I am happy to preview your proposal. However, all final submissions should be “CC’d” to me at email@example.com in addition to your submission to the program chair.
NEPCA prides itself on holding conferences that emphasize sharing ideas in a non-competitive and supportive environment consisting of graduate students, independent scholars, junior faculty, and senior scholars.