This page is updated frequently. If any link fails to work when clicked, RIGHT CLICK on the link and choose “Open in New Tab.” It will appear at the top of your screen and can be opened there.
Links are also embedded below, but you can click these for:
- List of Area Chairs
- 2018 Proposal Form
- 2018 REGISTRATION FORM You will only need this form if registering via U.S.Mail.
- List of Past Conference Sites
- Paying for the Conference (All presenters and chairs must pay. Non-presenting attendees are free unless they wish to attend the luncheon or consume conference food/beverages in which case a small fee is assessed.)
Where is the next conference?
NEPCA’s 2018 fall conference will be held on the campus of Worcester State University Worcester, Massachusetts , the weekend of October 19-20, 2018.
When are proposals due?
June 1, 2018. After that date NEPCA will solicit only papers necessary to round out panels.
What are the local options for lodging, transportation, food, and fun?
Worcester is the second largest city in Massachusetts, so many options abound. We have posted some preliminary information and will update it periodically. You can click access local arrangements information from the NEPCA Homepage by placing your cursor over the 2018 Conference header tab. Click on the sub-tab labeled “Local Arrangements for Worcester 2018.”
What sort of proposals are appropriate?
NEPCA welcomes both individual papers and complete panels. We also encourage works in progress, and informal presentations. The only restrictions on presentations are that:
- The proposal should be rooted in research. We do not automatically exclude original poetry, composed works of fiction, or musical/dance/storytelling performance, but such works must be connected to greater theoretical and research frameworks.
- NEPCA generally avoids proposals whose intent is overtly commercial.
- Proposals should appeal to a broad audience.
If you need advice on proposals, click here for a list of area chairs. You can contact the appropriate chair for advice. If you do not see an area that matches your proposal, send it to the chair for Miscellaneous.
To submit a proposal, do the following:
- Everyone should fill out the NEPCA PAPER PROPOSAL FORM.
- Area chairs or descriptions of each area can also help you determine whether your proposal needs refining. You should consult with the area chair before finalizing your proposal and submitting it to the program chair.
- Upon acceptance, register using either PayPay or by sending a check to: Robert Weir: 15 Woods Road, Florence, MA 01062. IMPORTANT: If you do not preregister, NEPCA might have to repost a call for papers and remove you from the conference lineup. Do not register until you receive notification that your paper has been accepted. This usually happens in mid-to-late June.
The program chair for 2018 is: Russ Pottle. Details will appear soon. In the interim, direct queries to: Rob Weir: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should consult this list regularly as Area Chairs often change before the conference. Here is the current list of area chairs.
After my paper is accepted, how do I double check to make sure I’ve submitted everything?
Use this convenient check list:
[ ] Completed the Paper Proposal on the proper Google Form?
[ ] Received official confirmation that my paper has been accepted?
[ ] Paid by PayPal, or…
[ ] Completed the Conference Registration Form and sent it and a check to the Executive Secretary Rob Weir.
***IMPORTANT: If you register by PayPal, make certain that YOUR NAME is attached to the payment. If you have used someone else’s PayPal or checking account to pay, please indicate this or there is no way for NEPCA to connect the payee name to the registrant. ***