NEPCA awards two cash prizes for best graduate student papers at its annual conferences. If you are presenting this October and your paper goes well, consider entering this competition.
- Only your panel chair can nominate a paper. If you’d like to compete, approach your chair and ask that individual to nominate your paper.
- At some point after the conference, our prize committee will approach you and ask that you submit a written copy (by email) to the committee. This will necessitate that you transform your notes into a paper of roughly 10-12 pages (plus footnotes and bibliography).
- Your written paper should be as close as possible to the presentation you actually gave. Do not submit expanded versions, dissertation chapters, or long manuscripts.
- The committee will deliberate and the winners will be announced in the late spring or early summer of 2018 (depending upon how many papers are submitted).
- Winners will receive a cash prize, a certificate, and an invitation to attend our 2018 conference free of charge. (NEPCA does not cover food, lodging, or transportation costs.)
- You must make sure that NEPCA is kept up to date re: any email address changes and/or physical address changes. Put simply, NEPCA can’t honor you if it can’t find you!