The Food, Foodways and Culture area of the Northeastern Popular/American Culture Association is inviting paper submissions for its Fall 2016 conference at Keene State College in Keene, NH from October 21-22, 2016.
This area explores intersections among food, eating, and popular culture. Possible topics of interest include the following:
- The history of food and dining
- Depictions of food and dining in popular culture
- Connections among food, eating and identity
- The history and culture of restaurants
- Food festivals and cooking competitions
- Cookbooks as popular culture
- The Food Network and celebrity chefs
Works of fiction and memoirs will not be considered unless they are part of a broader, analytical presentation.
Proposals for both individual papers and full panels are invited. Papers should appeal to a broad audience.
The deadline for submission of paper proposals is June 15, 2016. Please use the NEPCA Paper Proposal Submission Form on NEPCA’s website:https://nepca.wordpress.com/2016-conference/
For more information about this topic area, contact Ann Kordas at firstname.lastname@example.org