The Sport and Society conference is a distinctive, intimate and affordable three-day event that provides opportunities for sports academics and professionals working in sports-related fields to network and share their expertise about sports.The 2016 conference will be held on May 23-25, 2016. The theme of the fourth Sport and Society conference is “The Business of College Sports.”
Keynote speakers and panelists include:
- Barry Alvarez, Athletics Director, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Anna DeForge, Wisconsin Basketball Hall of Famer, Five-Time European Champion and Two-Time WNBA All-Star
- Jeffrey L. Kessler, Sports Labor Attorney, Partner, Chair, Antitrust and Competition Practice, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Darren Rovell, Sports Business Analyst, ESPN
- Aaron Taylor, College Football Analyst, CBS Sports
The conference fee is $225 through April 1, $250 thereafter, and includes access to all keynote speeches, panel presentations, and concurrent sessions, the conference dinner, luncheons at Lambeau Field and St. Norbert College. Conference attendees will also receive a pass to the new Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and a guided tour of Lambeau Field.
To maintain an intimate atmosphere, total registration at the conference will be limited to 200. Preference for registration will be given to those giving papers and presentations. Please note there are still a few available open slots to present.
Registration for the conference will remain open through May 16, 2016.